background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mama's Tired Tonight

So, no history lesson tonight, just fun daily activities. Also, during our video chat, my mother forewarned me she "found" my blog. I told her it's not hard to find since I post it everywhere on facebook ;-) She was not amused. Your welcome mom.
1

I realize that this topic isn't for everyone but I kind of hope someday it's a topic for every parent! It's a whole new world with lingo and mixed feelings about things. Just try going to a babywearing page and asking if you should ride a bike while babywearing then you will know what I'm talking about. Get ready for some backlash though, it can be a scary world! It's been pretty fun to take the time to read old articles or find new ones about a topic that is both fun and beneficial. I used to be obsessed with nice purses and shoes and now it's cloth diapers and babywearing. Same/difference. Every now and then I have to take time to stop and just enjoy the now without thinking about ways to defend this particular part of parenting or educate others about it.

Yesterday I thought we were going to have a no babywearing kind of day. Hannah helped me clean and make soup which she is now eating minus the chickpeas. I call that a win. I also laid down with her in hopes of getting her to take a real nap since one hasn't been had in a long time. Seriously, she's only 16 months and I'm not ready for no naps! I did contemplate putting her in a carrier when she started acting tired but I really wanted to nap too and I can't do that while wearing her. 3 hours later we had a super awesome nap and were both ready to tackle the rest of the day. 

Since it was the Championship game which I could have cared less about we had to go get some game food. We also needed black eyed peas and had not been able to find them anywhere so we went to our last possible option and headed to Walmart. I avoid it there like the plague. Probably because the weirdest things happen there. One time there was an older man with long hair and beard in a wheel chair tooling around at our local Walmart. This sounds pretty standard until you add in the fact that he had a 6 foot boa constrictor wrapped around him and as we walked buy the snake crept out to greet me. Yep, that is not normal and who does that!I digress. So we made it to the dreaded store to do our shopping and hubby takes over the babywearing for the day. 

We did have this super sweet guy walk and talk with us. He told us how cute our little girl was and talked about how much he missed that stage. I asked him how old his daughter was and he said she is 12 and he's just not as cool to her anymore. He talked about how she used to think everything he did was cool and they used to do everything together. Now she doesn't want to hang around him anymore and it makes him sad. I assured him that it gets better. Now, I might not know this from my own children but I told him I'm sure I was the same way with my dad and that I completely adore my dad now. Probably even more so that I have a daughter who he is ridiculously in love with and it's so cute. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.