background

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Burned the Bacon!

I made myself a delicious breakfast this morning including eggs, bacon and toast. I also had some fresh strawberries since I am trying to change my eating habits and move back towards eating healthier for both the baby and I. However, I did burn the bacon. When things like this happen, I do think things like, "I can't even make bacon without burning it, how the heck am I going to ever take care of a baby!"

For the first trimester, they say that it's normal to be exhausted along with everything else. Well, I was more than exhausted, I was incapacitated. There is a permanent dent in the couch where you could find me most days of the week, for the whole day. Although it was incredibly enjoyable to have an excuse to do absolutely nothing life has dragged me kicking and screaming out of the first trimester into the second. I'm told that the second trimester is called the honeymoon period and that most people are full of energy and radiantly glowing. I'm not sure I'm most people at this point but I am sure that I am sick and tired of cat hair tumbleweeds floating across my floor on a regular basis taunting me. 

I do have to give kudos to Will who has been amazing through this whole process. Despite the fact that my hormones have been ranging and I can be much more of a monster than normal he just rolls with the punches. He humors my food wishes and happily (and sometimes not so happily) avoids the foods that make me want to vomit. He goes grocery shopping on a regular basis and tries to buy healthy items to feed the baby inside me AND he makes me dinner on a regular basis.  He has been doing laundry regularly and dealing with the dryer leaking on a daily basis which is incredibly frustrating since it's pretty new and we can't find the stupid leak. Lastly, he has adopted the kitchen as his most prized possession that he cleans on a regular basis.

So, while Will is slaving away making money for the family, my task for today is to clean up the rest of the house. As much as I might complain that he doesn't do everything, I fully realize that's not a fair complaint given the circumstances and I have to start sucking it up and actually do something around the house. So mission: clean house will start....after the Millionaire Matchmaker marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.