background

Monday, February 13, 2012

Belly Pictures Are Not Easy

In all actuality, I generally and very uncomfortable in front of a camera - ask our wedding photographer. Add on to that the fact that when Will takes pictures, he feels the need to pretend he is photographing models and giving idiotic directions while he is doing it. Then he sits and clicks away, even if you aren't posing or ready for a picture to be taken. So, I am forewarning you, and belly pictures will most likely be for the sole purpose of documenting belly growth and will most likely not be flattering in any way.

11 Weeks
The first picture we motivated ourselves to take wasn't until I was 11 weeks along. At this point, I really felt like I was just bloated. No one tells you that you start to feel bloated almost immediately when you are pregnant. I'm not sure if it's a mindset thing or if it's a real side effect but I didn't feel bloated until I actually knew that there was a human being growing inside me so you decide. At this point, I also feel like I really just look fat versus pregnant since when I do gain weight, I tend to gain it in my belly. As you can see at the picture to the right - gain in the belly. Since you can still see where my belly button is, I'm not quite convinced that it's a pregnancy bump just yet.

However, with all the bloating and belly gain I do have to give a big shout out to maternity pants. Now, I am not a religious person but thank God for maternity pants and all the glorious comfort that they offer. Also, a generous thank you to Target for selling maternity clothes on your clearance rack.
14 Weeks


The pictures above were taken tonight. Blogging was the motivation to actually take the weekly picture. I was busy making my Grandma's butterscotch oatmeal cookies so I could satisfy my belly cravings. Ok, that's not actually true. At work we are having a bake off tomorrow to celebrate Valentines Day and I thought that since this is one of the easiest and most delicious recipe from my Grandma that it would be the best route. My belly did enjoy the one cookie that I had to taste to make sure they weren't poisoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.