background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Yoga Baby

As I woke up this morning to the beautiful sound of beeping coming from my alarm clock....wait, that isn't a beautiful sound! I guess that is what yoga does to me, makes me think of ways to capitalize on positive thinking. 

I did get up this morning on time and received my daily allowance of morning kisses from Marvel. That is one of my dogs, not my husband for those of you wondering. It really is a great way to wake up in the morning because he is just so happy and that happiness rubs off on you even if you don't want it to. I have refocused my attention on maintaining healthy exercising during my pregnancy so I got up and proceeded to the babies room where my yoga mat is laid out. I used to do yoga in my office however Will has jacked the TV that I used to play my yoga DVD and I haven't put away all my crafting stuff so the babies room it is. I feel like it's fitting since I'm doing yoga for the baby anyway. 

I have moved away from the DVD because it doesn't really flow and they use a lot of props that I don't have which is just irritating. I am now just using an article that I found online and it takes me about 30 minutes. I know is supposed to be no judgement and all but I totally judge myself. First of all, I breathe really heavy. I always have, probably always will. I like to call it, fat people breathing. I also tend to make noises every now and then. I also tend to laugh at myself like a high school mean girl when I make those noises. I can't do some of the really stretchy moves so I just half-ass my way through. I still feel it so I assume it's working.

I am, for sure, more of a sweat until you can't breathe anymore kinda gal but if this makes labor easier I will keep doing it without hesitation. With all of this said, I actually so really like yoga and it always helps to clear my mind. A clear mind is the best way to start of the day. Especially if it's FRIDAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.