background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Does Chai Latte Count as Dairy?

I am supposed to get a certain amount of dairy every day. Usually I really like yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese it's hard to get in a daily amount lately. In fact, yogurt and cottage cheese has landed in my lunch on a regular basis but by the end of the day lands in the trash because 1. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator and 2. I look at it throughout the day and just can't bring myself to eat it! I do love cheese but am down to eating it maybe once a day when I used to be able to eat it several times a day. I have taken this as a sign. I think it means I need to trick my body into consuming dairy just like you would kids with their vegetables. Enter, the chai latte. My argument - it's half milk. I think that legitimately counts.

In other news, I finally got to volunteer my cheery smile at the CASA Golf tournament. Since I have never been on a golf course it was a new experience for me. It was super fun (as all CASA events are) and I enjoyed getting to mingle with some new faces. I was even lucky enough to end the day without a sun burn and get home early enough to take a nice long nap and wake up in plenty of time to eat dinner, watch my favorite shows and go to bed on time without having issues falling asleep.

In baby news, I have taken to simply referring to the little one as baby. It's gender neutral and I'm a little afraid that Cooter might stick past birth as my brother lovingly pointed out to me. Sometimes I do deviate and refer to baby as my little ninja and perhaps some other slightly offensive names that I won't document. Little ninja usually follows a sharp kick in the bladder which, by the way, is incredibly uncomfortable especially when you are driving and are not sure if you really have to find a restroom or if baby is just testing your reactionary time. The other names are generally reserved for the five to twenty times I wake up a night to use the restroom. I generally only get one to two hours of sleep in a row before I have to get up run to the bathroom. Will just sleeps right through it all. I wish I was such a sound sleeper.

We are finishing up Financial Peace University which has been hard but good. I recommend it to everyone because it really has given us a solid plan. We will finish that class up and move right on to birthing classes. Since we settled on the Bradley classes we will have to go to 10 classes. We will come out amazing parents completely prepared for the life changing event of giving birth...or not. We will at least come out with more knowledge. With that overwhelming thought I just want to take the time to pre-thank our doula Julie who will be the expert to help us through the birth. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.