background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where has the time went?

Let me start off by apologizing for my delinquency. I have been completely preoccupied with life in general and at the same time have felt like there hasn't been much to write home about since the last post. With that said, we have a lot of updates from the last week so you can expect me to update a few times this week just to avoid overloading you with over sharing.

In regards to baby here is what I have to offer. We have started referring to baby as Cooter. Now, you may hate this name but it's better than calling baby "it" and the name began this last week when my dad decided that he was going to rename everything Cooter and we thought it was funny. We have changed to a new doctor since I didn't really feel super confident with my last doctor and after spending an hour there for my first visit, I am feeling good about the change. We had our 22 week ultrasound and surprisingly stuck to our guns and didn't find out Cooters sex. We probably wouldn't have been able to anyway given that after waiting over an hour at the doctor's office (not the new doctor) to even be called back, baby was feeling shy and had it's back turned to us the whole time. We didn't even get to see a profile view and most of the ultrasound pics are just blobs of something known as a baby.

I haven't been regularly posting belly pics because I think they look horrible. My belly seems to have doubled in size this week so look for a new picture in the near future...promise. The baby's room is coming along nicely and we have all the painting done. We scored an awesome cradle from craigslist and while my parents were here last week they brought some presents from family and furnished us with some items while they were here. Yay!!!

Since my parents were here visiting all last week we were incredibly productive and did things like organized the entire kitchen, dreamed up new projects, assembled some furniture and so on. More pictures to come but here are some previews.

Wine glass rack bought from IKEA, installed by Will

Cheap IKEA flower plant, cherry tomato plant from  Natural Gardener
More pot gardening, vine spinach, romaine lettuce and sweet carrots

Our big project for the backyard this year was redoing the herb garden - all Will's handywork

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.