background

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

There is a Hand on my Belly!

To start, here is my first belly picture in a while. No it's not the traditional belly picture and no it's not the most flattering but here it is, so take what you can get. 
Tonight I had my first hand on my belly. Obviously I'm showing if people are feeling comfortable about putting their hands on my belly. The funniest part of the whole experience was that the person actually put her hand on my belly and then proceeded to ask, "I this what I think it is". Well the response in my head was very different from the response that came out of my mouth. The polite response out of my mouth was, "yes, I am pregnant and due in August". The response in my head was more like, before you put your hand on my belly, you should have waited to confirm that yes, in fact I am pregnant and not that I just have been eating way too much ice cream! Just saying people, better to be safe than sorry. 

Moving on. We have done a lot of work on the babies room. The work began with my good friend Bill volunteering to help me begin the paint job. So to take you through the process, tonight I will unveil what we started with. It was a pretty good time and given that the room started off as a teal blue and ended in yellow it took quite a few coats of paint and me feeding Bill dinner and dessert and supporting his drinking habit :-)

Moving everything out
Taped and edged

Halfway through the paint job

Yellow walls and mint green closet!

Bill being energetic and weird after all day painting

And me, exhausted and ready for bed after all day of painting

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.