background

Saturday, September 22, 2012

6 Weeks and Free?!

Marvel's face says it all. He is constantly full of anxiety about what Hannah is doing. So am I but I don't show it off with bug eyes like Marvel does.

Hannah is 6 weeks today! It's unbelievable. We said we were going to keep outings to a minimum before she turned 6 weeks and if we went out that we were going to wear her so that touching was avoided. We have actually adhered to that mostly except for the trip that we took to my work to print off some insurance information that we needed. She was bombarded with oohing and ahhing women...and one man. I did make sure to ask that if anyone was sick to stay away. 

The last couple of weeks has been lots of experimenting. We have been trying really hard to establish a routine. We start at 8:00pm and head upstairs to take a bath or dip in the water. Hannah LOVES her baths. After that we snuggle a little, put her in her pajamas, feed her and then wait for her to wet her diaper. She always wets her diaper about 30-45 minutes after she has fallen asleep for the first time and hates, I repeat, HATES wet diapers so she generally wakes up screaming. Then we change her diaper, feed her a little more and put her to bed where she stays for about 5 hours. That's right, 5 hours! This is a new thing and we are very excited about it. Although Hannah doesn't have a hard time sleeping as evidence of the picture below, she doesn't necessarily like sleeping alone. She actually co-sleeps with us from 4am until we wake up so she doesn't get too lonely.



Hannah has also recently discovered her smile and loves to flaunt it. Since she is a daddy's girl already, Will keeps telling her that her smile is going to get her far in our house since it's so dang irresistible. I have to agree. Enough of me rambling on. I know you are really here to see pictures of our little squishy. 


I have no idea why she looks purple but it's kind of funny because I can call her an oompa loompa.  My my embroidered the towel since we don't want her to feel left out! 

This is what my mother referred to as the Cedar Point shot. Sorry, only  people from Michigan and the surrounding states will get that reference. 

I love when she holds her hands like this. She just looked so peaceful I couldn't resist taking a picture. 

Our 6 week old baby using her powers of persuasion, tongue and all.

And now for my pieces of motherly wisdom and/or commentary:
  • As your baby gets older you will get less worried about the pets being around and hair getting into everything because you don't have the energy to care
  • It's hard to drive with a crying baby
  • It's also hard to sit in the back seat all the time when you don't have to drive - sometimes you just want to be an adult! 
  • Find safe places to start breastfeeding in public then move on to more advanced locations, this will make your anxiety much less
  • Always schedule appointments on your husbands days off so he can watch the baby while you take care of business...so much easier
Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.