background

Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Time to Own It

My cute summer outfit that I
 paid less than $5 for!
I'm still not ready to take belly photos again so you will just have to sit tight. I have been wearing all my comfy maternity pants this week and I am ecstatic about it. Pregnant women probably never tell you how comfortable maternity pants are because they don't want all the non-pregnant women hoarding them.


We finally bit the bullet and started to register. It's scary committing to baby items. It kind of reminds me of buying a wedding dress. You want all the best stuff but you are afraid to commit in case something better comes along, as it always does. We are trying to be practical about the whole registering thing and registering for fewer expensive items and only register for items that get really good reviews online. We have done our research.

Tonight we registered at Buy Buy Baby. Let me first say that I had never been to the store. Wholly overwhelming feeling batman. They have so much stuff in there! My eye had a hard time focusing on even one thing. Luckily, they had a lot of items that I had looked at on amazon so that was nice. Will captured the feeling pretty well in his picture. We did avoid registering for baby toys actually though so ignore everything you see in the picture. It took us just over an hour to register so I say that it was a success. I completed my amazon registry too with a few duplicate items since most of my family won't have access to a Buy Buy Baby store. The other fun part about registering, the free stuff!! Woohoo for free stuff. Now we have a bottle and a pacifier, which when I look at them is actually more scary than fun right now. I quickly put them back in the bag and stowed them in the baby room until further notice. Next on the agenda, Target!

1 comment:

  1. "Pregnant women probably never tell you how comfortable maternity pants are because they don't want all the non-pregnant women hoarding them." HA! love it. But I already discovered maternity tank tops - long, stretchy, great for layering. Next time I'm going to check out the pants, too...

    Hugs to you and Will!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My husband, William and I moved to Austin in July of 2008. We own two chihuahuas and a sickly cat that will never die. We are proud homeowners in a very stepwives looking neighborhood and are friendly with almost all the neighbors (the ones we like at least). We have been blessed with one beautiful baby girl and have another baby on the way of yet to be determined gender.